Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hoo. hoo. who's there?

Lynn wrote last January that a book her mom got purchased for her at the Paper Source inspired this card. It is hard to tell, but the card is long enough to fit in a legal envelope (at some point it became folded, which you can see in the second picture), and inside it has three owls with little pop-up beaks down the middle. I love that somehow the eyes make the owls have personality. She wrote inside that she felt uninspired when it came to writing a catchy tag line although she did brainstorm a few ideas.


Unfortunately, I have a feeling if she made this card this month the tag line would be obvious:
Who's there?
Because, lets honest, I have been rather poor at communicating and didn't manage the promised drive-by hug on my way north from DC (my dad and I passed the Flint area around the time that night becomes morning and I didn't think I should wake her... which I regret in retrospect). But I believe that communication will be easier now that things are beginning to settle. So my response to all those hoos: I am here, pal!

2 comments:

  1. In stead of HOO now it WHERE?? Where oh where did she go now?
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not realize what an owl kick I was on. If you drew africa a lot and then moved there...am I about to get a pet bird?

    ReplyDelete