Saturday, March 17, 2012

Eye test for love

These dotted hearts were inspired by the tests used to check whether someone is colorblind. Lynn had always admired the pictures with warm colored dots surrounding a dotted green letter in the middle.

This card reminded me of how my brother discovered he was color-blind. While working on my aunt and uncle's Christmas tree farm,  someone complimented him on the green sweatshirt my aunt had given him to work in. He replied by thanking them, telling them that he liked that it was plain. This led to a bit of confusion because it was not plain at all. It had the bright red farm logo on the front. He had missed the message on his chest.

The situation makes the story funny, but at the time I felt sad that he had missed the cardinals that would have been sitting next to him in the pine trees while he worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment