Sunday, January 15, 2012

A second chance

An ironic, final victim of the rainy nights of July 2011. This postcard urged me to look on the bright side when I discovered, earlier this month, that Lynn's use of water color pencils had downsides as well as upsides. The cutout on its left side was a saving grace since at least it did not blur and run when it became wet. Lucky for Lynn, I have become good at throwing back my shoulders and moving forward when life gets muddled. With rose colored glasses on the bridge of my nose, I pulled out a black pen and a red colored pencil this week and gave the washed out postcard a touch up so that it was blog worthy enough for this post.

On the pink underbelly of this card, Lynn checked in to see how I was doing on my 2011 new year's resolutions. Had I made it through January successfully? Her resolution was to slow down and think more carefully. I laughed when she then wrote, "Do you think watching a lot of documentaries counts?" This year, my goals for 2012 are quite similar to Lynn's last year - Slow down - and no, I have not kept them even though we are only 1/26 of the way through the year. Can I hit restart sometime around June? I want a do-over.

No comments:

Post a Comment