Saturday, February 26, 2011

Quilted post

A quilt inspired card by Lynn that could be a series. Exploring quilt designs, she ended up cutting rather than stitching. Lucky for me. The card mentions that she was just starting to tell that the days were getting longer - it was light until 5pm. A relief because last winter's dark days had felt particularly draining. Lynn, are you starting to see the sun now as well? I am living winter vicariously through you, remember.

As an aside, I went to a 'full service' copy shop to scan my postcard (one reason this post is a week late). It was my first visit, and the first thing I noticed was that the woman at the shop seemed down right mean. Scowls and sucking of teeth without prompting. It took only a few minutes to realize she had no idea how to use the computer or scanner. Poor lady hadn't been properly trained for her job, and there I was tapping my foot. She willingly gave up the mouse when I asked, and moments later I had my postcard scanned. Meanwhile, the other employee, sitting next to her, was clicking clicking clicking away at random on his desktop. No wonder they were cranky. Imagine if you sat at work all day hoping no one asked you for something because you didnt know how to do it. When I left she returned my smile, shyly, as I walked away. Next time we will skip the scowls I am sure.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun story! Technology problems transcend continents...hopefully she'll remember next time.

    ReplyDelete